The Metal-Processing Technology Institute, AIMME, is a nationally based, private non-profit making association, which is at present made up of more than 600 companies and institutions from the metal processing sector.
It was set up in 1987, as a Research Association for the Metal Processing Industry and related activities, by an agreement involving: IMPIVA (Valencian Institute Of Small And Medium-Sized Industries), FEMEVAL (Valencian Metallurgical Business Federation) and FEMPA (Metal Industries Employers Federation of Alicante).
AIMME is registered with the Ministry of the Interior: national Nº 73.794 and tax Nº G46395554 since 17th July 1987
AIMME is registered as a CENTER OF INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY number 23 with the Interministerial Commission for Science and Technology (CICYT) since 22nd September 1987.
AIMME is a member of the Valencian Community Technological Institutes Network (REDIT) and the Federation of Innovation and Technology Entities (FEDIT).
2. Aim of the Association
The aim of the Institute is to encourage improvement in the competitiveness of companies in the metal processing sector through R & D & I (Research, development and Innovation) both in their productive processes and their products.
These goals are to be achieved through the following activities:
- Carrying out R & D & I projects. AIMME participates in the principle gatherings of national and European autonomous bodies as both an individual as well as in collaboration.
- Technology transfer
- Advanced training
- Technical services:
- Technical aid and assessment
- Laboratory analyses and testing
- Information and documentation
AIMME's resources are structured under the technological areas:
5. Membership of bodies and institutions
AIMME is a member of:
- ASERM, Spanish Association of Rapid Manufacturing.
- AEND, Spanish Association of Non-destructive Testing.
- Association of European Assay.
- AENOR, Spanish Standards Association.
- ENAC, National Accreditation Body.
- REDIT, Network of Technological Institutes of the Valencia Region.
- FEDIT, Spanish Federation of Innovation and Technology Bodies.
6. Standardization activities
AIMME participates in the following standardization activities:
- Corporate member of AENOR.
- Member of the AENOR Standardization Committee.
- Co-coordinator of the AEN/CTN 112 secretariat for "Corrosion And Protection Of Metallic Materials".
- AIMME participates as a member on several AENOR Standardization Committees:
- AEN/CTN 17 "Fitting elements"
- AEN/CTN 66 "Quality Management"
- AEN/CTN 150 "Environment"
- AEN/CTN 38 "Light metals and their alloys"
- AEN/CTN 11 "Furniture"
- AEN/CTN 20/21 "Electrical Engineering" SC4GW4-034 "Lighting"
- AIMME acts as a national delegate for CEN/TC 262 "Corrosion and protection of metallic materials"
- AIMME participates as member of several work groups on the following CEN committees:
- CEN/TC-33 de "Windows, doors, shutters, building, harware and curtain
- CEN/TC-132 de "Aluminium and aluminium alloys"
- CEN/TC-139 de "Paints and varnishes"
- AIMME acts as technical expert for the Spanish delegation for CEN/TC-283, "Precious Metals"
- AIMME participates (through AENOR) in both of the following ISO committees:
- As a P member (participant) of ISO TC 156 for "Corrosion of metals and alloys".
- As an O member (observer) of ISO TC 107 for "Metallic and non-organic Coatings".
With respect to CERTIFICATION activities, AIMME is a member of AENOR's Technical Committee for Certification (CTC 50 "Paints and varnishes") for technical management of the N Mark for paint products for all possible applications.
7. Collaboration with other bodies and institutes
AIMME regularly collaborates with other technological centres, bodies and institutes.
The most important appear in the following list.