ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING UNIT
Contact: Alicia Pérez
Environmental issues, as seen from a business point of view, have gone from being considered in terms of cost to being ones of opportunity.
The Environmental Unit provides answers to the growing industrial needs in this field and works from diagnosis to the development of the most complex projects for correcting pollution problems, special emphasis being placed on minimization at the point of origin, and modern Zero Pollution technologies.
It is, moreover, a pioneer in the implementation of Environmental Management Systems as the most up to date tool in the control of industrial pollution.
The unit possesses pilot laboratory and industrial plant, in diverse separation technologies (micro, ultra and nanofiltration, dialysis, pervaporation, etc.), as well as having its own waste purifying plant.
The Environmental Unit provides services to companies from different fields:
Environmental Auditing and Management
Studies and Projects
- Environmental diagnostics
- Environmental impact studies
- Development and implementation of Environmental Management Systems in agreement with:
- Regulation CEE 761/01.
- Norm UNE EN ISO 14000.
- Environmental Audits and Ecoaudits.
- Ecological Labeling.
- Product life-cycle analysis.
- Studies and plans for the minimization and control of wastes.
- Administrative management (Annual Declaration, Hazardous and Toxic wastes, Waste Authorization, licensing, subsidies...).
Testing in Industrial Pilot Plant and Laboratory
- Design of pre-intervention measures.
- Design of waste recycling, recovery and decontamination installations. Modification and improvement of existing installations.
- Design of clean manufacturing technologies and development of new manufacturing processes, which produce fewer contaminants.
- Design of water conditioning installations.
- Studies of new decontamination processes.
- Treatability and biodegradability studies.
- Conventional treatments (Physicochemical)
- New technologies (membranes, electrical techniques, thermal techniques, ion exchange).
Quality related tasks have been focused on assessing companies on the application of ISO 9000 standards. This application, based on quality management through systems formalization, has enabled companies to gain first hand knowledge of the management techniques outlined in the standards, as well as improving their competitiveness by defining quality objectives, both in the short and long term.
The team provides technical knowledge related to the productive activities of companies in the sector, thus enhancing the value of work being carried out.
ISO 9000 Quality Management Systems
Total Quality Management – European Model
- Development and Implementation of ISO 9000 Quality Management Systems
- Adaptation of ISO 9000: 1994 Quality Systems to the new ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- Performing Internal Quality Systems Audits.
- Maintaining Company Implemented Quality Management Systems
- Management of Processes and Management indicators
- Assessment for Product Mark Compliance
- Quality System in the Automotive Sector ISO – TS 16949
- Carrying out Self-evaluation according to European Model EFQM
- Client Satisfaction Measurement and Analysis System
- Process Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Continuous improvement through worker participation
- Proposal and Management of Improvement Plans
- Courses in environmental topics.
- Multimedia courses.
- Environmental technical and administrative requirements.
- Company environmental management.
- Masters in industrial wastewater management (400 hrs).